The activation process for credit cards differs from one to another. The process is not the same for all credit cards. Therefore, it is very important that you follow the activation steps specified for your particular credit card. While few credit card providers allow their cardholders to activate their credit cards via their net banking account, few prefer the ATM activation process.
We Have Listed Out The Activation Process For Few Popular Credit Cards
You might find a variation or face the problem in Activating a Credit Card, but believe me, the process merely changes from one to another accordingly. There is no such huge difference or change in each of the steps or processes in activating the credit card. Well, there are three major ways through which you can activate a credit card.
As and when you receive your credit card at your mailing address, first of all, you have to activate it without any delay. Because there are chances of fraud and you might get loss of which the bank is not responsible. Once the card is activated, you can start using it to make purchases.
Some credit card companies will automatically cancel your card if it is not activated within a few months of being issued. The company is really concerned with your credit card activation because they want to know that the card is in the holder’s safe hands. So as soon as you receive the credit card, you need to activate it on your own through the processes that are mentioned below.
Activating Your Card Online
The credit card kit that you have received must have information about the website. It can be on a sticker on the card, but it may also be in the packet of information that came with the card.
1. Set Up An Online Account:
- To activate your credit card through an online process, you will need to create an account.
- Through the website link, you will be further taken to the process where you will need to add information like your date of birth, your Social Security number, and email address, a password, and an account number.
- Use a username that is unique and different. Well, many of the websites don’t ask you to have an online account to activate your card.
- Visit the official site to confirm the activation process.
2. Log in to your account:
- You have to log into your account after activating your card through the website.
- Enter your new username and password to access your account.
3. Enter the information to activate your card:
- You have to insert information such as your credit card number, your name, and the security code, which is available on the rear side of the card.
- You will also need your Social Security number and your date of birth.
4. Submit the information:
- Make sure the information entered is correct.
- Click the submit or the activate button, and your card will be activated.
5. Confirm you have activated your credit card online:
- The company will call you or send you an email to verify the activation.
- If you don’t receive an email, you can contact the company to verify that your card was activated.
Activating Card by Phone
- Similar to the website, you will find the number through which you can continue to activate the credit card. You might find on the papers that had come along with the card kit.
- As and when you make a call, you will be asked about your credit card number, your account number, and the security code that is visible on the back of the card.
- They might also ask your Social Security number or your date of birth and full name.
- After calling you will hear a recorded service, follow as per the instructions are given by the system and enter the information with the keypad. You have to input details such as your credit card number or security code.
- Once you have given all the information, your card will be activated.
How To Activate Credit Card Through ATM
- If you select the option of activating a credit card through an ATM, you have to call the bank and request them to send you a One-time Password (OTP) to your registered mobile number.
- So whichever the bank it is, you have to visit the concerned bank ATM and insert your credit card in the slot provided.
- On the language selection screen, choose the “Create new ATM using OTP” option.
- Enter the OTP you received to your registered mobile number in the space provided.
- You will be asked to enter your registered phone number for verification purposes.
- After entering your phone number, you will be asked to enter the new 4-digit PIN.
- Please enter the PIN you wish and click on the “Submit” option. Your credit card PIN will be successfully changed and you can use your new PIN for further transactions.
How To Receive Credit Card Pin Through Netbanking
- Login to your net banking account using your credentials.
- Under “My Accounts”, choose the “Credit Cards” option
- Select “Generate Credit Card PIN Online” and follow the steps.
Bank Pin Generation Through Immobile
- Download the Bank- iMobile app.
- Login with your credentials.
- Select “Smartkeys and Services”.
- Choose “Card Services”.
- Select the “Generate Credit Card PIN” option.
- Enter the required details and submit to set your new PIN.
Bank Pin Generation Through ATM
- Visit the nearby Bank ATM
- Insert your Credit Card in the slot
- Choose “Generate New PIN” that is visible on the screen.
- You will be asked to enter your default PIN and registered mobile number before changing your PIN.
You can also call the Bank customer care department to generate your credit card PIN. Note that you will need to generate the PIN to start using your Bank credit card.
I hope this information was worth reading and you have got the information and details that you needed for activating the credit card. Well, if you still have any questions or you want more detailed information, you may add that in the comment box below that is at the bottom of the page.
You can easily activate the card and the three of the process is really very easy. Just follow the steps and you can even visit the official site for customer care numbers and contact them. The representative will help you out with your query and your issue will be resolved quickly and easily.